Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Word Searches

My student work diligently on word searches. When I need them to stay silent after a test, I have a stack of word searches for them to work on. A full-page size maze is doing the trick too. I need to make sure I have this done every time.

I also need to work on making table-top dividers also known as "offices" and "privacy folders". I have long tables that sit 6 students each.

I also also need to rethink my seating arrangement. I might do two U-shaped rows with every student facing forward.

3 comments:

Christina said...

I also recommend a series of books called Perplexors. They are logic-based word puzzles that help with deductive reasoning and reading skills. I used Level A with my fourth graders last year, and they really liked them. I think the series extends into high school. This might be another quiet option for your students.

Also, my students enjoy geometric art--making designs of various geometric shapes and coloring them in patterns.

Just some ideas. Hope everything is going well.

Christina said...

I use table-top dividers during tests also. I call them privacy shades. They are effective against wandering eyes, but watch out for students who try to do sneaky business behind them.

Anonymous said...

Astonishing essays from our writers! For you!