Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Discipline Policy

I recently talked about my discipline plan with my principal. It is definitely something that needs to have consistency; not just assigning consequences, but following through with them. What's the point if they do not show up to detention? That's disrespect.

My plan has a few steps: 1. Warning; 2. 5 minute detention; 3. 15 minute detention, parent contact; 4. Referral.

I recently added a detention slip. Before, it was a verbal notice and their name on the board if they got detention. Now, it's a slip and a behavior log. It helps me keep better track of habitual offenders. Students sign the log to acknowledge they received a detention. Also, I felt parent contact should be moved up the list, so they sign the slip.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Eric,

I think a lot of your readers are teachers or perhaps in some area of education and so I’m writing to suggest www.school-counselor.org as a resource link on your blog. This website provides career and licensure information for those who are interested in moving into the school counseling profession.

Hope this is helpful,

Seth Sanford

Anonymous said...

一棵樹除非在春天開了花,否則難望在秋天結果。