Thursday, October 1, 2009

Adjusting

I feel like I am getting adjusted pretty well. The staff has welcomed me as one of their own so quickly. They are a great support. It is a different story for my students.

I did not expect my students to adjust to me right away. In fact, I haven't gotten to the point where I am getting frustrated. However, I did write a referral for one of my students. He was not working and writing on a girl's arm. I expect that most of my students will be adjusted to me and my style by the end of next week.

My 3rd period has been the most difficult for me to handle. Yesterday, I kept the entire class after school for a few minutes. My instructional aide kept track of the students causing the most distractions and called home that night. Today, I made my students line up outside, come in quietly and start the warm-up a few times. Tomorrow, I am setting a new seating chart. I know some of my students think I am picking on them, but I plan on doing all this until my students learn how to behave.

Tomorrow, I plan on planning for next week. This should help things run a little smoother next week.

No comments: