Thursday, November 20, 2008

Having fun at the students' expense

Today I am going to do something different. I am going to record a bunch of little events that occurred today in chronological order. Then, I am going to talk about one of those events.

I did my traffic duty. I gave a test in 1st and 3rd periods (they both went really well). I was tempted to watch Wall-E with the tech class outside of my room during 3rd period. I picked on my 3rd period a little bit. I completed my APLE application. I ate my lunch. I did my lesson on exponents with my 7th period. I was tempted to watch Wall-E with the tech class outside of my room during 7th period. I found out that the little Holtville girl was using the bathroom as a cover story to sneak off with her boyfriend. I submitted my APLE application. I went to the gym. I went to Fresh 'n Easy. I ate dinner. I watched the 3rd-to-last episode of season 6 24. I showered. I started my laundry. Baked something. I was tempted to buy Wall-E so I can watch it whenever I want. I talked on the phone with Priscilla.

I still have a lot to do. I have to finish this blog, pack for next week, prepare the baked goods for tomorrow and fold my laundry. I don't think I'm going to bed soon.

I really have fun picking on my students. In 3rd period, I scared them into staying quiet during the test. If you remember from another blog entry, the last time I gave a test, it didn't go well. This time, I threatened them with an incomplete on their report card. That and the fact that I let them go outside to watch Wall-E when they finished helped keep the room quiet. At the end of the period, they started getting ready early. I told them to sit down because I have to give them their homework assignment. They all moaned and sighed because it is the last day I have them before Thanksgiving break. Then I relieved them a bit and told them that the assignment was to enjoy the break. It was funny. I laughed a little bit after class.

In sum, it turned out to be a good and productive day. Plus, I'm super excited about tomorrow. I get to drive for 6 hours up to Merced. I'm leaving right after work. I will be up there when I write tomorrow's blog entry.

Goal for tomorrow: start grading some tests.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Did you write your entry today before or after you read mine?

In sum.