Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Know where to find resources and how to use them

Wow. So we made it through half of the week. Today, since I had tutoring after school, it was a much longer day. I can tell because right now I am EXHAUSTED. In fact, this blog is taking about 2 hours since I napped in the middle of it. Anyways, I'm ready for the weekend. Seriously.

Something cool happened today. I got a cabinet! I mean, I'm sharing it with someone else, but I can leave my things in the location where I usually hang out. Now I don't have to wait for class to end and avoid disrupting a class by picking something up in one of the three classrooms I teach in.

This will also help me save time during prep by not having to run around 3 different classrooms. Also, I can pack a few reams of colored paper to use for copies. Oh, and food. I can pack some food there so I don't have to pack a lunch everyday. Sometimes I may oversleep and not have enough time to pack a lunch.

Anyways, before the year started, I was told that if I see a cabinet, then take it. Apparently, there is a storage shortage at work. Of course, by the time I figure out what was going on, all the cabinets were taken. Now I have one, so it's cool. It all comes from experience: knowing where things are and how to use them. In this case, if I hadn't claimed the cabinet, someone might of. It also helped that a couple of teachers noticed our need of cabinet space and took us into consideration.

No comments: