Monday, October 13, 2008

Finding an appropriate time and place to finish your work

It's funny how walking up the stairs, my first thing to do was write this blog when, in fact, I almost went to bed before doing it.

Why did I almost forget? I was busy prepping for tomorrow and Wednesday. My prep includes writing my lesson plan and completing the PowerPoint presentation. I did it here because I wasn't able to do it at work today. The day was spent in more parent-teacher conferences and professional development. I bearly had enough time to eat. I did manage to run the copies of the homework assignment and other handouts I need for tomorrow and Wednesday.

I did start off on the right foot by keeping a list of things I need to do. I just didn't have one period of time that was long enough to finish it all. I had sporadic, short periods of time in between the conferences and the meetings. What I really needed was a place to myself for a couple of hours to finish my prep. I'm sure if I had that, I would have finished at work and wouldn't have to do it at home.

No comments: