Thursday, January 29, 2009

Good ol' times

My little 6th graders take me back; way back. Today, I had nothing planned for them. I usually get lazy on Thursdays. I made them do the daily quick write. Then, we went out to the computer lab. After about 10 minutes, another class came in. The teacher said he had it reserved for the whole period, so I brought my students into the classroom. Then I let them go outside if they wanted to. About half the class went outside. Since there were a couple of teachers in the computer lab outside the classroom, I spent the majority of the period watching the students who went outside.

Those that went outside started a game of soccer. It was really fun just watching my students play soccer. It reminded me of the time I was their age, playing soccer with all my friends. I remember running around, yelling all the slang and blocking the ball by throwing myself for dramatic effect (Priscilla's contribution). I would have played goalie, because I'm "giant", but I am still getting over this cold.

The other half of the students stayed inside. They were either playing with my board games, drawing or playing video games. Nothing too exciting there.

The rest of the day went okay.

I wanted to add something to yesterday's post about common sense. It's a good idea to try to think about what you do before you do it and how it will affect others. I bet if you really think ahead of time about doing something, you may reconsider going through with it.

No comments: