Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lesson of stubborness

Today I was not looking forward to going to advisory. The reason why was an advisory student of mine came into my 3rd period. I tried to make her leave and ended up making a bigger scene than it should have been. She said she would sit down and not make any noise, which she did. So I let it go. She has done this before because her teacher lets her out of class. It doesn't usually bother me, but I think this time I was a little irritated by a headache I woke up with.

She ended up leaving about a minute after she sat down. I went along my day and felt a little bad about the incident. My mistake was telling her to get out of my room. I should have told her she can stay as long as she didn't distract anyone. It was too late for that though. The damage was done.

For advisory, she came in with a pass to another teacher. So we didn't get the chance to talk. I was still a little upset during advisory. I think I would have told her that what she did wasn't cool. However, at this point, I think I would apologize and tell her to be more discrete next time.

Other than that, my day went pretty well. My MET class went pretty well. I tried the structured schedule like my supervisor suggested. I thought it worked well. I put the agenda on the board and chunked it in different activities. They got the assignment done and may have even learned a little bit. Our lesson was on order of operations.

That was my day in a nutshell.

Tasks for tomorrow: write a quiz, plan a review activity, lesson plan for next week.

No comments: