Friday, January 9, 2009

More activities

Today I e-mailed my supervisor to let him know how well MET went yesterday. He e-mailed me back with some ideas for activities. He told me that not only will I have to teach them math, I will have to teach them to be students. They're only 6th graders, so they have a lot to learn. I bet they would love practicing how to enter a classroom quietly. ::evil laugh::

Seriously though, I do want to try more activities with them. 6th graders have no problem being social. Group activities should work well. I tried this one called secretary and boss where the students get into partners and designate the boss and the secretary. The boss tells the secretary what to do while he or she works on the problem. Then they alternate. This worked well I think because it leveled the completion rate among the students. Assigning roles also keep the students accountable to each other.

Today was the last day of the first week back from winter break. I believe I have never been this happy it is Friday. I was so tired. I could see the fatigue among the other staff members as well. Also, I get to hang out with Priscilla all day tomorrow.

No comments: