Monday, January 5, 2009

Welcome back

Happy 2009! This is the year I turn 24. I need to have a 24-themed party. Also, I start full-time work. I still haven't decided where I want to work next school year. I still have a lot to consider. However, it is looking like I will be moving back to my hometown.

Today was the first day back from winter break. One student already asked me when spring break is. Trust me, I feel the same way. I wish I had two more weeks off. With all the driving/traveling I did, I feel as though I didn't get much rest.

Anyways, the first day went pretty well. It is a Monday so the classes are only 30 minutes long. The bell system was not working properly, so naturally, the students did not show up to 1st period on time. That's okay. It wasn't a big deal.

I simply assigned a new seating chart for all my Algebra I classes and handed out warm-up records and homework charts; paper to work on warm-ups and keep track of homework assignments.

My 1st and 3rd periods seemed interested in my break. Some of them even looked happy to see me. However, my 8th period seemed more concered about their seating arrangement. Several students walked in asking if there was a new seating chart. I guess by then, they had gone through a few new seating charts. I also practiced clear expectations. I had my students practiced how I wanted them to come into class; a refresher.

MET was a little hectic. The coordinator/ELD teacher is on maternity leave and the sub was left with little information. I had to go over and sort things out.

Lastly, I did some boring stuff like signing grade verifications, attendance verification and making copies. Not too exciting.

Goal for tomorrow: create a quiz for next Monday.

No comments: